IOGEAR GUC232A USB/PDA SERIAL CABLE INSTALLATION
***************************** IMPORTANT *****************************
Do the following once the installation has of this CD-ROM has finished
IOGEAR USB to Serial Adapter
Microsoft Windows Installation Instructions
2000, Millennium, and 98SE
1) Insert the IOGEAR Installation CD-ROM into your computer.
2) You will see the README for the IOGEAR installation CD-ROM.
3) After you click Continue, you will be presented with the End User Agreement of
the IOGEAR USB to Serial Adapter.
It is strongly suggested that you read in the End User Agreement in its entirety.
Once you have finished reading, you may select "I accept the terms in this License
Agreement" if you wish to continue the installation procedure.
4) You will now begin the installation procedure. Click "Start"
5) The installation procedure will begin.
6) You have finished installing the drivers for your IOGEAR USB to Serial Adapter.
7) Now you may plug-in your IOGEAR USB to Serial Adapter to complete installation.
Once you plug-in the adapter, Windows will say that it has found a USB/Serial
8) Windows will tell you that New Hardware has been found. Click Next
9) Windows will now ask you if you wish to search for the device driver.
Select "Search for suitable device driver for my device (recommended" then click
10) Windows will now ask you to insert the Manufacturer’s driver disk into the CD-
Type in: C:\IOGEAR GUC232A
….then Click OK
11) Windows will now tell you that a device driver has been found.
12) Windows will now tell you that the device driver installation has been
13) Once you have completed the installation, you’re probably going to want to
what COM port your IOGEAR USB to Serial Adapter is installed as.
Open Device Manager by Right-Clicking on the My Computer icon on your desktop,
then click Properties.
Select the Device Manager tab.
14) Click the Device Manager button. You will see the Device Manager of your
The (COM4) represents which Communications Port your IOGEAR USB to Serial
Adapter is assigned to.
ATTENTION! - Windows 2000 & XP Users
You may change this by double-clicking the IOGEAR USB to Serial Bridge (COM4) in
the Device Manager, select Port Settings, and click the Advanced button.
The COM Port # will change to whatever address you select, then click OK.
However, if you unplug and plug the IOGEAR USB to Serial Adapter into any other
USB port on your computer, this COM Port # MAY change. Leave the adapter in the
USB port you have installed it in, so that the COM Port # will stay the same.